There’s a saying in the UK “A week is a long time in politics”. That’s so true! This week we have gone from people predicting that Hillary Clinton would definitely win to having President Elect Donald Trump.
I know this was a result that not everyone was expecting but here’s two things to be thankful for:
- There are still countries that allow the people to choose how their governments are run and who runs them.
- Jesus always has our best interests at heart so we can be confident that we “…can do all things through Christ…” (Phil 4:13) who strengthens us.
So here are a few ideas of what we could pray:
- The American people are able to move on and move forward in a positive way
- The divisions that were created during the toxic presidential campaign are healed
- The USA becomes UNITED again in a constructive way
- Those who were disappointed will find strength and comfort in Jesus Christ
- The riots will stop and no one will get hurt
These are just some ideas. Can you think of any more?
New Cross Christian Centre